My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Sunday 20 December 2009

Blog of the month- British Cream Tea

This month, my favourite blog happens to be the labour of love of a lady who happens to inhabit the same city as me! She calls herself a felt confectioner, an artist who not only creates delectable pieces of art which look perfectly edible, she also provides consumable recipes for some of her creations and step by step instructions on how to create her 'mock' food.

British Cream Tea is a beautiful blog, inspired by creator Ouissi's love of all things fabric, vintage and edible! Ouissi is an inspirational artist who's recent works have been sold in various galleries and exhibited at the Winter Art's Fair in St George's Hall, Liverpool.

The blog puts me in mind of a vintage fair that delights the senses and stimulates the soul, harking back to the days when people were more creative and innovative. The days when everyone knew how to knit, sew and even darn socks! Skills which have been put aside, but not forgotten, as Ouissi demonstrates.

A simple idea which has successfully seen an artist turn food into timeless art and delicious confectionery for her family and followers.

I hope my blog will look as pretty as hers someday...

1 comment:

  1. i really dig your blog. i just picked this one to comment you on. i'm new to the blogging scene. thought it was lame and/or didn't know much about it, but friends told me i needed to have one. now i'm really into it and i enjoy reading blogs like yours.

    anyway, i'm at: exmypa.blogspot.com , and i'd like to talk soon. i still don't know much about blogs, so i thought maybe you could help me out one day. thanks for your time.
    (also, i'd like you to follow me too and get some critiquing on my stories if that's alright.)

    - Troy Holm

    ReplyDelete