My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Wednesday 17 February 2010

Sin-Free Quiche

This recipe harks back to simpler times, times when I'd have the most serious fights over who'd dared to open my pint of milk, and special meetings to discuss the neglected cleaning schedule.... I'm talking of course of my student days!

One of my flatmates, Sophia, who usually lived exclusively off Caesar salad and Baked Beans, sometimes liked to throw a third food group into the mix... Sin-Free Quiche.

Much like Delia's How to Cheat collection, this recipe uses ready made items such as macaroni cheese from a can, so you can literally just thr
ow it together- great if you're busy studying or holding down a full-time job.

The recipe was given to Sophia by her kind sister, Jody and simplified to meet our meagre budget. So here it is, I give you S
in-Free Quiche!
Ingredients
1x Tin Macaroni Cheese
250g Cottage Cheese
6x Eggs
1x Courgette (cut into chunks)
A Handful of Mushrooms (cut in 1/4s)
1/2 Large Red Pepper (cut into chunks)
A Large Onion (cut into chunks)
A Tablespoon Olive Oil
Seasoning (to taste)
A good handful of grated cheese (for all you sinners!)

1. Start by pre-heating the oven at 180 Degrees
2. Next, gently fry the vegetables in the oil until golden
3. Remove the pan from the heat and beat the eggs together in a bowl
4. Place eggs, macaroni and cottage cheese in an
ovenproof dish and combine.
5. Add cooked vegetables and combine.
6. If you're a sinner like me, cover the top with grated cheese (I use Cheddar) and season.
7. Bake for 35-45 minutes until golden brown.

This dish makes enough for 4 massive, student sized portions, so if you're feeling generous, share the wealth!



No comments:

Post a Comment