My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Friday 12 March 2010

Sweet situation!

Good evening everyone!

After a crazy week at work, I thought I'd take a moment to step back for a breather and philosophise (if that's ok?).

The story starts nearly two years ago when I started working at Delifonseca.
My original job was to work in the kitchen (helping out with prep and anything else that needing doing) and the shop (as a knowledgeable sales assistant), as well taking over the role of outside catering manager (which involved me marketing the business, designing menus and answering enquiries) which was all well and good in principle...

After being told my hours would be split down the middle between the shop and the kitchen, I thought, great, variety's always good! But t
his was not quite the case.... I found my hours in the shop increased as my hours in the kitchen dwindled and I yearned to be back in the warmth of the galley....

Months passed, and I was content to get excited wh
en jobs for canape events came in, as I got to spend time preparing ingredients and garnishes and finishing them onsite. It gave me a sense of pride, something physical and beautiful that I could be proud of... my fortunes were changing.

Sadly in November, our pastry chef decided it was time for to retire, and so the reigns were passed to another member of staff and I, simply slotted into our regular working hours, cranking up the pressure and adding another element to my e
xpanding job title.....

But this hasn't entirely been the case. I have found that because I'm doing so much right now, I'm much more organised, I can bake good quality products for sale in the shop, as I'm calmer and more focused, and I can get inspiration t
o create something a bit different for the restaurant upstairs.

I finally feel like my creativity is beginning to flourish. I'm working somewhere I love, with something I love and at the end of the day, I go home to my fiance whom I love with all my heart and write about the other massive love of my life.... FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment