My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Saturday 23 January 2010

My appetite for knowledge is growing...

As the new year kicked in, I was feeling slightly disheartened.

In the two years that have passed since I graduated from my MA, it seems I'm in pretty much the same position as I was then (minus the stress of a twenty thousand word dissertation looming over me!)


I kept waiting for opportunity to come knocking at my door, but I'm just getting to grips with realising, this isn't going to happen.

The reality is, I need to focus in on what I want to do with my career, and with my writing. My instincts are telling me to stick with what I'm doing, but to focus in my culinary skills to a certain area.

Monday sees the start of a new chapter for me, I've been enrolled on a Wine tasting course, which I'm very much looking forward to.

Perhaps this could open up yet another door into the world of food and drink for me? It'll certainly give me the authority to match food and wine for my future articles (rather than stick to wines from the Rioja region!)

That's by the by, I'm thinking of lots more tasty recipes and tantalising treats to impart, and I've also been promised a food related piece for next months issue of Liverpool Lifestyle Magazine- here's hoping!





No comments:

Post a Comment