My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Wednesday 6 January 2010

Winter Warmer- Chickpea and Spinach Curry

After spending the day in the snow, sliding on ice, and being chilled to the bone, I thought it appropriate to concoct something in my kitchen to warm my partner and I up a bit.

And what's more warming than a good old curry?

Taking the recipe from a collection my mother imparted to me before I left for University, I have made this dish countless times, and thus it has evolved. So I give you my 2010 vers
ion of a much loved meal, ready in about half and hour- great when you want something tasty and nutritious in a hurry!

Chickpea and Spinach Curry
1x Onion (chopped)
Sunflower Oil

3x Cloves Garlic (crushed)
1x Tin Chickpeas

2x Tablespoons Madras Curry Paste (curry powder will do as well)
A good squeeze of Tomato Puree

2x Large Tomatoes (chopped)
1/2 Bag Fresh Spinach Leaves (or 4-5 frozen spinach balls)
Seasoning

1. Start by frying the onion gently in the oil
2. Add the garlic and continue to cook until golden
3. Stir through the curry paste and tomato paste
4. Next add the Chickpeas (along with the juice) and bring to the boil
5. Finally add the chopped tomatoes and spinach. Allow this to wilt. Stir until combined.
6. Lower the heat and allow sauce to reduce. Season to taste.

Serves 2 quite generously, but don't forget your rice and naan bread!




1 comment: