My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Thirsty work!

Last night I attended the first session in an eight week Wine tasting course at Vinea, located at the Albert Docks.
I was joined by a number of colleagues from Delifonseca, as well as people from various local establishments, business owners and novices alike.

To start off with I felt a little intimidated, like I was back in school again. But seemingly, even though I was in a room full of adults, when a question was asked, there was silence. Answers seemed a little hard to come by, maybe people were nervous, a bit like me? Perhaps not...

After the first hour passed, my habits from school came back to me... I bridged the gaps of silence, and answered many questions right, and many questions wrong, but the point is, I learnt from my mistakes.

Why is it so painful for people to get an answer wrong? Do they think that we'll judge them harshly and label them a plebian or something? This course is all about learning, and if people aren't willing to dip their toes in the water, then they're simply learning how to pass a test.

I can say with some confidence, that I think this is a great investment in my future, another skill to add to my expanding repertoire! Maybe I could be the next Jilly Goolden...



No comments:

Post a Comment