My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Friday 2 April 2010

Easter and all things Chocolate related...

Well, like most of the population, when the clocks went forward and the days started getting longer, I thought for a split second that spring might be approaching.... how wrong I was!

The freaky weather has made many of us (myself included) go back into winter (or hibernation) mode i.e hats, gloves, scarves and thermals! So whilst the weather limits us as to what we can do outside, I'm going to have fun reacquainting myself with my kitchen.

As my partner and I are working all through Easter, I thought it would be good to prepare some food in advance, so we could simply help ourselves, so I've stayed up past midnight baking pies and making some lovely Gammon and Lentil Soup (domesticated or what?)

I used the Waitrose guide on how long to cook the joint, using just plain water and I adapted a recipe I found on Not Delia. I added some bay leaves, parsley and oregano and replaced the carrot with some new potatoes and it's currently happily, bubbling away on my stove.

So after a hard day's graft at the Delifonseca stall (at the Chocolate Fair) in the unpredictable
atmosphere of Liverpool One, I'll be glad to come home to a big bowl of homemade soup- yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment