My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Friday 9 April 2010

Goremet- You'd have to be a plank to eat one...

This months Goremet simply screamed at me from the Google search page... funnily enough we'd been talking about Spam in work today.... but by no means were we singing it's praises!

We were explaining to a young college student, what a foul and unhealthy addition it was to any kitchen cupboard.

I completely agree with the opinion above, realising it to be an outdated and unpopular product, but I didn't find it as offensive as I do now.

Overt thine eyes if you have baneful thoughts, as you may want to walk this plank, rather than
chomp on it!

Planked Spam? Planked Spam?! Is this meant to encourage excitement and adventure? A bright pink mass smothered in sugar and tarted up with tomatoes with piped potatoes as a border....? It would be greeted with tears, rather than cheers, if someone brought this to my table, they would no longer be welcome in my household!

I mean, I'm not being funny, but I'd rather drown myself in a bowl of cold, lumpy custard than face the harrowing task of carving up and eating this 'mother'....

The concept of placing a whole slab of spam in an oven proof dish, like some sort of sworded centre-piece just baffles me... and low and behold the relentless Spam-fest continues:

What's festive about this? I can't say it's traditional fare in my book. An upside down PIE which says to use biscuit mix???....perhaps they had it in mind when discussing ideas for the annual Monkey Buffet Festival in Thailand? I think these poor primates might be the only ones that could be impressed by this meat-flower, wheel of doom.....ugh!

2 comments:

  1. So funny because this is actually the second Spam post I've ready today! I just love those vintage photos of food.

    ReplyDelete