My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Sunday 4 July 2010

I'm back and bursting with ideas!

So, it's been a wee while since my last Goremet update and loads has happened which has inevitably stood in the way of me updating my beloved blog....

But rather than lay on the apologies, I thought I'd update with some fantastic foodie news and tasty tit bits of information.

Firstly, I'm re-thinking my relationship with food... It's what I love and am passionate about it, but it ain't doing my figure much good. I recently went on the look out for a bikini and found myself just about squeezing into my 'usual' size, but I'll admit it wasn't a flattering fit. I bought the bikini regardless and have given myself an achievable goal which must be reached before I go to Mauritius (at the end of August).... so it's bye bye carbs for a while....

Secondly, it's my birthday next week and I'm trying to decide what kind of cake I should make myself
(sad, I know!)- I thought I might make a healthy hoeny and rose cake or something.... You may scoff, or even feel sorry for me, but I'd sooner slave away and make my own little labour of love than have a shop bought cake. Plus, it gives me the opportunity to show off my creative flair to all those lucky people I'm going to share it with!

Also, I'm trying to decide where I want to eat on my birthday... Matou? Etsu? San Carlo? Red Perilla? Piccolinos? I just don't know! Somewhere new and exciting that doesn't break the bank, but is just that bit extra special...

Oh yeah and I've got to start planning and financing my trip around Europe next year as well as sourcing ideas for my wedding... It's all getting a bit much! I want things to start arranging themselves, but I know that ain't gonna happen...

And finally, the time has come... in exactly one week, I'll be travelling down to the South-West to partake in the Arvon Foundation Food Writing Course and I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's just my social life..... work's been very busy with canape events and a fully-booked restaurant and with Delifonseca Dockside on the horizon, it's sure to get even more hectic... but do you know what? I don't think I'd like my life as much if there wasn't a million things happening at once, I just need to take a step back, along with a deep breath and FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!

With that in mind and Book it or Cook it's first birthday just a month away, I have plenty in store to whet the hungriest of appetites!

Let the feast begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment