My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Thursday 22 July 2010

I'm still in heaven, although I'm not in Devon...

So it's been five days since I departed. Departed from that house, those people, that dog. Left Devon, left those luscious green fields, traded them for those grey high rise buildings of Liverpool...

I've been rained on, soaked through, worked my fingers to the bone, worn out and worn down, I've been through it all. But a glimmer of sunshine appears.

Like an enlightening experience that people only see once in a lifetime, my memories of Totleigh Barton are being kept alive.


Through baking, cooking, reading and writing, immersing myself in all that is food and through these mediums, I will keep my memories alive. These memories are motivation, stimulation, a way to escape the rut that was my life.

Now I write like I did when I first fell in love. I'm meeting my soul mate for the very first time, all over again.

Everything is fresh, vibrant and full of promise. But this isn't nostalgia, this is now. This is happening. I am awake, rediscovering a lost love and immersing myself in it's warm embrace.



4 comments:

  1. Holly, what a lovely post.
    Yes, Totleigh Barton has marked us for live and will remain as one of the fondest memories. I agree, let's cook, read and write to keep it alive!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sums it up perfectly, Holly. We have to take the experience and carry it forward. I'm finding it so hard too...a mini bereavement (maybe a bit Drama Queen but it does feel like a loss!) Have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's lovely. I think all of us are feeling withdrawal symptoms. hope that reunion at Providores happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad I was able to capture what I was feeling so well... I'd like to meet up again soon! xxx

    ReplyDelete