My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Wednesday 26 May 2010

Goremet- Onions that make me cry...


I bet you can guess what I'm thinking..... maggots in a can, perhaps? Maybe they've escaped a fate worse than ending up as bait, by landing on your dinner plate, acting as garniture for that strange orange mound, vaguely resembling a fish???

Or maybe this was some ad-man's idea of a joke... for women simply too busy to fry onions.... Do they think that by slapping the word 'French' in front of fried onions, that it instantly raises its credentials? Seriously, come on!

For me, this is the kind of food that you find in a museum, in the World War Two section, much like this:

© Richard Moss

Please note, I've just been on the Durkee website and their food looks as alien now, as it did back in the 60's....

Creativity kit? More like aquatic disgorgement in a can- the fish wouldn't take this bait, even if it was draped over that dry, cracked, brown log! Ugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment