My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Saturday 12 September 2009

A true taste of summer @ Esteban

Well hasn't the weather these past few days been glorious? It feels like mid-summer, with the intense heat and beautiful sunsets (and the amount of wasps and bees still buzzing about).

So, in the spirit of summer, my partner and I decided to have a late lunch on Lark Lane (try saying that 3 times without tripping over your tongue!) and we headed to our favourite
little tapas restaurant- Esteban.

We frequent this restaurant quite regularly, and it's always a casual affair, usually starting with a refreshing bottle of beer with a chunky wedge of lime.

Sure enough, we were seated outside in the courtyard, sipping our cerveza and perusing the menu, and I honestly felt that I was on holiday somewhere in the Mediterranean. Had it not have been for the congregation of mums with their kids clad in Liverpool football strips!

But then, you always meet English people when you're on holiday, right?

As it was a late lunch in the blazing sun, we kept it light, opting to share the Bruschetta, which was crisp, drizzled in Olive oil and stacked with chunks of fresh tomato, feta and herbs.
We also had two other dishes to ourselves. I had my favourite- Mussels in a cream and white wine sauce, a simple classic. It delivered on taste and texture, the sauce was thick and had lovely chunks of red onion running through it. The only disappointment was that a cou
ple of the mussels hadn't opened!

My other dish was aubergine topped with sun dried tomato, Serrano ham and mozzarella. Greedily ploughing my way through the succulent slices of aubergine,
the contrast between the creamy cheese and salty ham cut through the sweet tomato, and was very pleasing to the palate!

Obviously we chopped and changed our tapas- as is the way..
. and we decided to have Cheshire Farm ice-cream for dessert from the new Moon and Pea Deli on Lark Lane. The perfect finish to an endless summers day! This place is usually packed, so my advice is Book it!





No comments:

Post a Comment