My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Wednesday 2 September 2009

To spice things up....

I'm adding a new feature to my blog (drum roll please)...
it's my
Blog of the Month- Kitchen Retro.
September brings with it rain, wind and a sense of nostalgia, as vague memories of crunching through piles of leaves on a blustery autumnal morning as a child come
flooding back.
This blog however, is a little before my time. Never the less, it evokes memories of a bygone era that we can all relate to in one way or another, as we're educated as to the demands of being a
'retro domestic Goddess'.
Highlighting the 1940's and 1950's targeted style, my particular favourite features on the site, were the carefully selected images (see right) depicting some very strange gadgets indeed. These give 'creations' definitely give insight into the values of society and the position women held within it. Articles on how to 'ensnare' a man are made light of with these bizarre ad-campaigns targeted specifically at the housewife- well I never!


No comments:

Post a Comment