My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit
http://www.bookitorcookit.co.uk/blog/
and update your bookmarks.

My philosophy

This blog is dedicated to my love of eating, cooking, writing and reading about food. In it you'll find recipes, book reviews, restaurant reviews and various other food related bits and pieces.

Wednesday 28 October 2009

A Cornish Culinary Adventure- Part 1

After a short flight down to Newquay, I was greeted with an overwhelming urge to eat something healthy. I tend to gorge on junk when travelling, and often feel the consequences when I arrive at my destination.

Luckily, my mother who seems to thrive on anything organic, additive free or gluten free had something fitting in mind.

After a nice cup of tea, we began the somewhat mammoth task of preparing various elements for the meal she had in mind: Stuffed Portobello mushrooms with broccoli, corn on the cob and crushed potatoes.

After adding my own spin on her improvised recipe, I was glad to taste the fruits of our labour. By adding chilli seeds to the mushroom stuffing, it gave them a good kick, contrasting nicely with the creamy goats cheese.

My mother’s garden is always brimming with various seasonal fruits, so for dessert we had home grown apple and sultana crumble with clotted cream. The apples were sweet and barely tart, which meant they didn’t need any sugaring or pre-cooking, adding a nice tang to the dish which is sometimes overpowered by the crystallised sugar granules.

Despite this meal being heavily lagged in salt, pepper, sugar, cream and anything else I could get my hands on, I got my 5 a day- that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment